Sushi: California Roll
If you are making sushi, SUSHI RICE IS NOT A REAL THING. its just short grain rice walmart has 5 pounds for about $6.00. Once you have that making sushi rice is pretty straight forward.
You should end up with some sticky sushi rice – dont stir it to much or it will break apart!
Steps (using a pot):
- Take a sheet of aluminum foil and lay a sheet of nori on it
- put down a thin layer of rice ontop the nori sheet maybe
- half an inch? dealers choice!
- it’s better to do less and add if you want
- cut the cucumber into 4 long strips
- Cut it in half down the long side 2 time
- scrape off the seeds of the cucumber with a spoon
- Cut the avocado and place it 1.5 inches from the top
- Add the cucumber next to the avocado
- Put the imitation crab next to it as well
- Use the aluminum foil to pick up the sheet and start to roll the sushi roll on itself
- once in a roll use the aluminum to pat it down!