I am a computer scientist focused on a wide range of topics. Starting in the fall of 2020 I will be going to the University of Iowa for a Doctorate in Computer Science. As a software engineer, I enjoy using various computational techniques to solve problems.
Over the past few years, I have added a wide range of tools to my toolbox. It now includes things such as software development (git, CI, etc. ), parameter tuning, and code testing (unit/regression). Some applications I have worked on where I utilized these skills are in my work are as follows:
- Writing unit tests for the Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM) Ocen Model code.
- Parameter tuning for Beryllium impact flyer plate modeling
- Predicting the spread of Dengue fever in Brazil
B.S in Computer Science
2016-2018: City University of New York (CUNY) Lehman College
A.S in Computer Science
2014-2016: State University of New York (SUNY) Dutchess Community College
- How do you say your name?
- It is Jamil, like Jamal, but with an I. It is pronounced Ja-mill, not Jamal.
- What is with the Duck
- Anything we should know?
- Growing up I never though much of myself and didn’t think I would amount to much. Over time I have had the chance to grow and develop with amazing people! I am a very relaxed, straight forward person. I love to learn and connect with people so feel free to reach out!